According to HMRC and Council of Mortgage Lenders, following documents can be sent to mortgage lenders (both together):
- Tax calculation report (SA302) generated from tax return software
- 'Tax Year Overview' generated from HMRC's website.
- Open the software and tax payer record
- Click the 'Calculate tax' icon on the toolbar
- Print the tax calculation
Details on how to do this are provided in 'Calculating Tax' - 'Calculating tax' and 'Tax calculation reports' section of the user guide and software help file.
How to print a Tax Year Overview from the HMRC online account:
- Choose the relevant client (if you are a registered customer representative)
- Follow the link 'Self Assessment Overview' (if going through 'Your Tax Account')
- Follow the link 'view account'
- Follow the link 'tax years'
- Choose the year from the drop down menu and click the 'Go' button
- Follow the link 'Print your Tax Year Overview'.
It will be up to the lenders to accept/reject these documents.
Further details are provided on HMRC's website:
Print your SA302 tax calculation and tax year overview if you are applying for a mortgage and need proof of earnings
Find out which mortgage providers and lenders accept printed tax summaries - Mortgage providers and lenders who accept a SA302 tax calculation and a tax year overview
Disclaimer: Information provided here is given without any obligations and we will not accept any claims or liabilities for any damages as a result of you relying on the information given here, if in doubt you must consult the HMRC Online Services Helpdesk on 0300 200 3600 or a professional tax advisor.